We believe in transparency when it comes to the vision of Finless. Sustainability is a focal point for where we're headed, and our vision is built on trust with you, our community.
- Transparency with our Community
- Due Diligence
- Strive for What's Best while Maintaining Reasonable Affordability and Quality
- We work diligently with our suppliers to source woods that come from responsibly harvested forests.
- Our glues and clear coats are all eco-friendly and water based with the lowest VOC’s.
- The clear grip on on the top of our boards are made from 100% recycled crushed glass.
- We re-use as much of our waste during the manufacturing process as possible and setup our shop to use the lease energy possible.
- Our apparel is sourced from alternative brands that use recycled polyester and organic cottons.
- Packaging is made with 100% recycled cardboard.
If it weren't for our forests, our trees, and other materials, we couldn't have the privilege of enjoying the craft nor the ride of our cruisers. At Finless, our efforts are balanced with striving to make sure we're not only environmentally aware during our manufacturing process, but we also look to improve the world we live in, one skateboard at a time. To assist in these efforts, we are proud to partner with One Tree Planted, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to global reforestation. They plant trees to restore nature and biodiversity. They also raise awareness about the importance of trees, offer businesses like ours a simple sustainability solution, and motivate younger generations to do something positive for the environment. For every Finless skateboard sold, One Tree Planted will plant a tree in one of the locations where we source our timber: North America, Canada, or Africa. Check back in 6 months for an update on how many trees we’ve planted and to see their exact locations.
Our cruisers are handcrafted from start to finish, with an eye on the impact of our planet at the forefront of everything we do. We're continuously and tirelessly seeking better ways to source, process, ship, and craft our cruisers and clothing as sustainable as possible while maintaining the quality of our skateboards.
As we look to the future, we believe in transparency in this process with our community. As we grow, so too will our ability to give back to the world we live in. The way we see it, cruising is about taking in the world around us and enjoying our time with others too. Part of that transparency is acknowledging that a board we sell today won't be as sustainable as the boards we sell tomorrow, and with every update and iteration to our craft, we plan on sharing the improvements made with you, our fans, our family, our community. Check back often, as our sustainability efforts grow with your support.